Nestled in the serene woods of the Dhauladhar Ranges in Kullu Valley, the Prashar Lake shines forth as an emerald among Himachal’s enchanting mountain ranges. The clear deep blue waters in the oval-shaped lake presents a rare sight of sublime unspoiled nature. Legend has it that Bheem, the most powerful of the Pandavas in the Mahabharata epic, had muscled the path of the lake out of a mountain peak, using his forearms and elbows to carve out its elliptical shape.
A Prashar lake trek that promises a mesmeric experience of sublime nature is fit for even amateurs or first-time trekkers. Nature lovers, particularly those looking for an escape from their mundane hustle and bustle of daily grind, must visit this dreamy tourist destination. Named after the Rishi who spent a lot of time absorbed in meditation at this idyllic spot, a Prashar lake trek itinerary starting from Jwalapur village goes through lush green forests, rivulets, waterfalls and allows a tourist to explore the best of Himachal’s scenic delights.
Highlights of Prashar Lake Trek
The trek to the hallowed lake is no less a memorable experience than the heavenly grace of the destination. Some highlights of the trek include:
- When starting from Jwalapur village, you can visit the apple orchards of the Himalayan hamlet.
- The trek trails a path through lush green forests with numerous rivulets and waterfalls. Crossing through the streams as you pull yourself up the 9 km trek is the ideal way to test your fitness.
- After the exertion, you will need a good lunch which you would have already packed. Gorge on the delicacies near a waterfall and revel in the scenic grandeur that surrounds you.
- As you wend your way up the majestic trail, you get a chance to mingle with local people and experience the unique indigenous culture closely.
- Before reaching your destination, you would have witnessed magnificent views of Kinnaur, Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar mountain ranges.
- Clear view of the snow-capped mountain ranges as well as Prashar meadows signal that the destination is not far, as just a few kms of walk on the meadows brings you to the magnificent lake on the left.
- Soak in the heavenly tranquillity of the lake, nurture your spirit by visiting the Prashar Temple, and wait for sunset to experience the amazing Himalayan silhouette.
- Bonfire at night and camping under clear skies with stars breathing down would be the ideal climax to a memorable trip to this serene and majestic neck of woods.
Prashar Lake Trek in Winter and Summer
Except monsoon, a trekking trip to Prashar lake can be taken at any time of the year. In fact, it is one of the best winter trips for travellers who love the snow. During summer, you behold the glorious sight of exquisitely green wild verdure surrounding the deep blue lake in an enchanting embrace. In winter, which extends from December till mid March, the pristine cover of Himalayan snow covers everything but the lake. If you have always been fascinated by snow, you could not ask for a better setting. Just be prepared with a lot of woollens and the right trekking equipment for the winter sojourn, and you would revel in a memorable travelling experience.
Whether you want to go on a winter or summer trek, are an experienced or a first-time trekker, Prashar lake trek has something to offer for all categories of travellers or trekking enthusiasts. The trip is only a weekend getaway for trekking enthusiasts in Delhi-NCR, Haryana, Punjab and other neighbouring states. Prashar lake trek cost is almost negligible for the heavenly experience in transit and of camping at the destination.