Chopta trek is known for its scenic beauty. It passes through some beautiful forests and affords excellent views of the snow peaks. The trek gives you the opportunity to visit the 1000-year-old Tungnath temple, which is the highest shrine of Lord Shiva. It is one of the panch-kedars and is believed to have been built by Arjuna himself. Chandrashila is famous for its breathtaking 360-degree view of the Himalayan ranges. It is one of the few peaks that can also be climbed in the winter months.
- Verified tour Operator
- Complementary Meals
- Expert Guides
- Maximum Altitude: 3925 meters
- Full refund on Cancellation.
Activities Involved in the Event
- All Meals during Trek
- Accommodation in Tents during trek.
- All Transportation by Pvt Vehicles (Non Ac).
- All entry fees and guide charges.
- Accommodation in hotels and tents on twin/ Triple sharing basis.
- Accommodation during the trek.
- Nutritious and wholesome veg meals.
- Permits and Camping Charges.
- All Technical and common Equipment (tents etc.)
- First aid and medical kit
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses).
- Services of guides, cooks, helpers, porter/mule for carrying camping equipment & rations.
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls and alcoholic drinks.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any claims due to natural calamity such as landslide/Road blockage.
- The Tour involves religious surroundings service of alcohol and non-veg food will not be permitted at certain places.
- Stay and food in Dehradun.
- Food during transit.
- Porters/mules for carrying personal luggage will be charged extra.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusion.
Things to Carry
- Valid photo ID proof
- Backpack with waterproof linings
- Shirts / T-shirts, Trousers / Track Pants
- Windproof jacket, Raincoat / Poncho
- Thermal inner wear
- Comfortable Trekking / Hiking Shoes with a thick sole
- Socks and undergarments
- Woollen cap, gloves
- Cap / Hat
- Toiletries: Sunscreen, moisturiser, lip balm, toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, light towel
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Drinking water bottle
- Energy bars & drinks and chocolates
- Several packs of Electrolyte Powder
- Small water proof bag to carry valuables
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Swiss army knife
- Power-banks for phone charging
- Personal medical kit
Dehradun to Chopta (Altitude - 1350m) - Drive
- We drive through the towns of Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Ukhimath to reach Chopta. This is a reserved forest and the nip in the air is easily felt due to the omnipresent oak trees. We pitch tents in Chopta and spent the night beside a bonfire with hot dinner.
- Meals: Dinner.
- Accommodation: Overnight stay in Tents.
Chopta to Tungnath temple (alt 3400m) to Chandrashila (alt 3925m) and return to Chopta
- We start early today. From the picturesque environment of Chopta, we take the path through the arch leading up to the temple. Tungnath is a short 3 km trek from Chopta. The temple is only visible in the last few hundred meters. After resting for a while, we head out for Chandrashila peak, which is a kilometer away from Tungnath. Soaking in the beautiful 360-degree views of the Himalayas we begin heading down to Chopta again.
- Have dinner and spend the night in Camping Tents.
- Meals: All meals.
- Accommodation: Overnight stay in tents.
Chopta to Dehradun - drive
- We visit the famous Shiv temple at Ukhimath before embarking on the road journey to Dehradun.
- Meals: Breakfast.
- Transportation from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- Accommodation in Tents.
- All Meals during trek.
- Trekking, Camping, Sightseeing.
- Each participant has to fill-up an indemnity form on arrival.
- Bonfire has been banned on all treks by the forest department, we don’t promise the availability of bonfire.
- Prices during Diwali, Christmas and New Year are comparatively high. Please contact us before booking.
- For Cancellation or Refund please see our Cancellation Policy.