Prashar Lake is located 49 Kms north of Mandi, has deep blue waters and is at a height of 2739 meters above sea level. The lake is sacred to the sage Parashar who has meditated there. There is an ancient pagoda style temple which was built in the 13th century.
Prashar Lake is surrounded by sloppy meadows, dense forest and beautiful snow-capped peaks which makes it even more alluring. The lake has a floating island and it is also said that the depth of this lake is still unknown.
- Verified tour Operator
- Group Size: 10-15
- Complementary Meals
- Expert Guides
- Maximum Altitude: 9000 feet
- Full refund on Cancellation.
Activities Involved in the Event
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Evening Tea and soup
- Accommodation in Tents during trek.
- All entry fees and guide charges.
- Accommodation in tents on twin/ Triple sharing basis.
- 5 Meals (2 Breakfast + 2 Lunch + 1 Dinner + Tea n Soup) all Veg.
- Transit Room on the day of arrival in Panarsa for freshen-up.
- Cloakroom to leave any extra stuff at Panarsa.
- Transit Room on Day2 when you come back to Panarsa.
- Shared Cabs from Panarsa >> Jwalapur >> Panarsa.
- Stay at Prashar Lake (Camping / HomeStay / GuestHouse).
- Gear (Sticks + Ponchu + SnowGaiters + DayBags + Tent + Sleeping Bag + Matts + Lights).
- Certified Guide + Support Staff.
- First aid and medical kit.
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls and alcoholic drinks.
- Any kind of Insurance.
- Any claims due to natural calamity such as landslide/Road blockage.
- The Tour involves religious surroundings service of alcohol and non-veg food will not be permitted at certain places.
- Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water.
- Porters/mules for carrying personal luggage will be charged extra.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusion.
Things to Carry
- Valid photo ID proof
- Backpack with waterproof linings
- Shirts / T-shirts, Trousers / Track Pants
- Comfortable Trekking / Hiking Shoes with a thick sole
- Cap / Hat
- Toiletries: Sunscreen, moisturiser, lip balm, toothbrush, toothpaste, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, light towel
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Drinking water bottle
- Energy bars & drinks and chocolates
- Small water proof bag to carry valuables
- Power-banks for phone charging
- Personal medical kit
Trek to Prashar Lake (9000 feet / 9 KM )
- Arrive in Panarsa and check-in into our Homestay for freshen up.
- After Breakfast, transfer to Jwalapur village on Shared Cabs (25 Km). Jwalapur is a small Himalayan Hamlet famous for its Apple Orchards.
- Trek to Prashar Lake is around 9 Kms, packed lunch can be done near the Waterfall
- Most part of the trek is through lush green forests, along a stream with numerous waterfalls en route. Stream makes it more interesting, we cross this stream manier times during the trek. Tree line is available almost till the time you reach the ridge.
- On the top you are rewarded by the Open views of mountain ranges and Prashar Meadows. Few Kms of flat walk on the meadows and you see the magnificent lake on your Left.
- Floating Island on the lake will make you speechless for a moment. Visit the Prashar Rishi Temple, take blessings & make new wishes to the deity. Spend some time at the lake & Capture the Himalayan Silhouette during sunset.
- There are couple of local dhabba’s n Shops around Lake where you can grab hot Tea or a quick Snack.
- Snacks + Dinner (Bonfire if possible / if Allowed). Camping under the Stars at Prashar Lake (outside of the Fence)
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Accommodation: Overnight stay in tents.
Trek back to Jwalapur Village
- Sunrise Photography with 360 panoramic views of the mighty Himalayas. Both sides of the Lake there are hillocks which you can climb to take bird-eye pics of the lake. Form these hills you can have clear shots of the Himalayan Ranges.
- Pir Panjal Ranges & Hanuman Tibba Standing tall in North. Snow covered Dhauladhar Ranges + Bada Bhangal on the West. Great Himalayan National Park + Deo Tibba in the East.
- Breakfast at the Lake + Trek back to Jwalapur Village (9km). Taxis will be available at Jwalapur for Transfer to Panarsa(25 Km).
- Lunch will be served at Panarsa HomeStay. More Photography at Panarsa as you walk along the riverside.
- There are Games (Fooseball, TT & other BoardGames) in the HomeStay which you can play till the Volvo arrives. Collect Luggage and Departure with sweet memories of the trek.
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch.
- Accommodation in Tents during trek.
- Trekking, Camping, Sightseeing.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Day 1.
- Breakfast and Lunch on Day 2.
- Each participant has to fill-up a indemnity form on arrival.
- Bonfire has been banned on all treks by the forest department, we don’t promise the availabity of bonfire.
- Camping in the fenced area near the lake is also banned by the forest department, tents will be pitched away from the lake.
- In case of bad / windy weather, camping may not be possible, and you may be shifted to shared rooms / shacks at Prashar lake.
- Prices during Diwali, Christmas and New Year are comparatively high. Please contact us before booking.
- For Cancellation or Refund please see our Cancellation Policy.